Thursday, August 27, 2009

Looking in the right places...

I was talking to my namesake and in 10 minutes, I learned more than I had anticipated. I learned that my mindset in relationships was the wrong one. I believe that had I learned this sooner, I would've broken less hearts and I wouldn't have been so depressed for a lot of my life. I learned that if you believe in what you have and not search in the wreckage of other places for something better, you will save yourself a world of heartache, stress, pain, and grief. If you look in the right places, follow your heart and not your loins, you will realize that where you are is where you should stay. The man/woman you are with can be the one you will be with. If you think about it, the relationship that you are in can work if you wanted it to. Not only can it work, it can flourish as well. If that doesn't work, then it's just not meant to be. The problem is that no one wants to put in the time required to compete the task. All of us, me included, want instant results. We don't want to wait and see what develops. We just want the end result without putting in the work. Well, now the responsibility rests on us........

To look in the right places...

No comments:

Post a Comment