Sunday, April 19, 2009

My reality, My humanity

Does anyone realize or understand how it feels to have most of the qualities needed to be the "man of her dreams", but none of the sex appeal? Or to have some faults that can be overlooked, but aren't. Maybe because my faults have scarred too many people, burned too many bridges, hurt too many souls...Maybe that's it. Yet, when I want to stop trying, these same people tell me not to. Now, I understand why "The Game" is hard to play. Once you hurt someone, you always pay in triplicate. Can you really leave your past behind you? Or is it shackled around your knees to drag around your forever? Does the word "forgiveness" only exist in Biblical texts? Do people really use it or is it just hearsay? The power of pain prevails against pardon and patience. Men can somewhat forgive other men, and some women are the same. But, once you cross the opposite sex, it's all downhill.

The pain never stops...
the pain never ends....
the story of your life just begins to unravel, unfold, and deteriorate because the words "I'm sorry" have lost all power to her.

My reality is pain...
Pain that I've caused others...
Pain that I've caused myself...
Pain that can never be left behind as I try.

"I"...... maybe that's the problem. I can't do it.

I can't.....
and my humanity has to suffer.

A Knight in Disguise

No comments:

Post a Comment